Shawna Harrison
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS

Go down 
+2
Violeta
Tabby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tabby

Tabby

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS Empty
PostSubject: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:08 am

Thanks to Holli we have two parts from HMLIS to study

POV 1 was my favorite. I think it might be this mysterious Jonah Marrow. I really like this line

When I had been in those churches I got a feeling there was something there.

Last edited by Tabby on Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Violeta

Violeta

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:11 am

I like the first one too ! I think in the second POV it must be the girl. I mean BMWs can be expensive so maybe she is driving it into a poor neighborhood to meet this Phillip guy. . . but he might have money to if he has his Dad's credit card.

________

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS Oss11
Back to top Go down
Sam_L

Sam_L

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:29 am

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS Tumblr10

It's like two people are going to meet and they seem so different. I need this now.
Back to top Go down
Darcy_Lover

Darcy_Lover

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:39 am

Line by Line

“Why didn’t they move you into the new building ?,” I ask.

“I asked to stay.” He replies proudly. “This place used to be a church back in the old days. I kind of like the spiritualness of it. It’s inspiring, you know ? Are you very spiritual ?”

Okay, so someone moved somwhere. Okay but as a commenter mentioned they don't know each other well to know if he/she is spiritual

I’d been to church exactly six times in my life. Which also correlates with the number of funerals I’ve been to. Still, when I had been in those churches I got a feeling there was something there.

So . . . big family ?

“I’m spiritual, I guess.” I say.

People pleaser ?

“That’s a good answer,” he says. “We all gotta believe in something.”

Who is this guy ? he sounds a bit corny ? Maybe a roommate or boss

“I believe in a lot of things,” I think aloud

So, this makes this person sound young and hopeful. Maybe a happy person ?

“That’s good,” he compliments me again.

Okay, now I think with all the complimenting this is a teacher.

After a beat I decide it is time.

Time for what ? To leave to lay down a big secret ? To quit a job ?

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS Tumblr_inline_myfrdy4cm41retn8z
Back to top Go down
HappyApple

HappyApple

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:45 am

My Turn

My burgundy BMW Crossover is always out of place in this neighborhood and Philip gets annoyed when I drive it here because the neighbors always stare and talk shit about me when I leave.

So, Philip must be this person's Boyfriend. Based on comments I think this narrator is a dude in pink shoes. Maybe he's visiting his poor friend or something

But it’s my fuck your car, so it’s doing it’s job.

The narrator is a BADASS ! They want to be intimidating.

I climb in the driver’s seat and face him, he stands between my dangling legs and pokes at my fuchsia Converses. I hate how sometimes it seems like we’ve run out of things to say.

Okay, so narrator gets into the car and Philip is in the driver's seat top ? maybe they are hooking up ? The narrator is short ?

He reaches in to the back pockets of his jeans and gives me his Dad’s credit card.

Okay, so we all think Rich kids have their dad's credit cards. Drug dealers don't take cards so that's not what is going on. Maybe the narrator is taking it so Philip won't use it ? Maybe he feels sorry for the narrator and is giving her/him the card to get stuff with ?

Back to top Go down
Princess

Princess

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:49 am

So, what about the whole BH connection. I mean based on what SHV said in the comments I think HMLIS might be a standing on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS   HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS Empty

Back to top Go down

HMLIS Snippets . . . DISCUSS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shawna Harrison :: The Shawna Harrison Forum :: Blessed Hearts & Beyond :: How My Light Is Spent-
Jump to: